View Single Post
      10-07-2022, 02:14 PM   #44
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
No beef, just saying; the video didn't help much with your argument.

I don't believe BMW is in a rush to release a "Comp" version of the M2, since the base model already has a manual option, so there is no immediate urgency, as there was with the G80/82 base vs Comp, when they can save and offer the Comp nomenclature later down the line as an upgraded version to the current model, as the base model becomes more complacent in the market.

That being said, the Comp version will most definitely be auto only, as there are technical reasons the manual gearbox can't handle more torque the Comp version allots. The S58 even has a different engine code distinguishing the auto and manual transmission it's being attached to.
I was waiting on mentioning this here until we had more info, but here's a bit of a 'potential' curve ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Added 08/24 as the likely (not yet confirmed) changeover date for M2 to M2 Competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
Curious on your wording. Are we to understand that 'changeover' means there will only be an M2c from that date going forward or will both an M2 and M2c be on offer?
Hopefully ynguldyn can comment on this here.

Really hope they don't do what they did with the F87 by getting rid of the base model and only offering a Competition going forward. I know in the case of the F87 it was due to WLTP emissions.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50