07-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #7
jackmacm4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
In January I traded my 09 e92 M3 for 2013 RS5... The trade was mainly done because:

I was bored with the M3.
The car was depreciating and I felt like it may depreciate even more with new M3/M4.
Wanted something different and thought Rs5 was pretty sweet after test driving one locally.

Pretty much after I got it, I felt like I made a mistake. S-Tronic is very, very boring. Even in manual mode, it's just blah. It's one of the reasons I got bored with my e92 M3 too. I need a manual!

I was trying to work out a deal with a local dealer on trading my rs5 and ordering new M4 with the specs that I want. The MSRP on the M4 is 74,9K.
It would be pretty much my car and 14K.

It's about 6K less than I was hoping I'd get for the RS5. However, the more I keep it, the more I realize it's not a car for me. I like modding cars and doing little things to it every once I a while... There's nothing to do on an RS5. It already has everything you want for a "normal" person. HA!

So the question is... is it worth it? The differences on the paper aren't that big, but I just felt great driving the M4... It's just more of a ME car. I don't know... Maybe if I had a different hobby other than cars, I'd be fine with keeping the RS5, HA!

Lay it on me guys.

Thanks.

p.s. Here's my build... I removed USB thingy after realizing it can be coded, Plus, for once, I'd like to get a different color than Black. Every car I owned was Black.

FD,
If you are having doubts of the new M4 and you are on the edge of replacing your RS5, why don't you wait a bit more. I thought the B9 Rs5 quoted to have TT technology and at least 480 hp coming out next year. IS that something to consider?
MAC
Appreciate 0