07-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3
I went e92 M to S4 (+S2000) to RS5 and now have an order for a M4 being shipped. So similar story except I have no problem with DCT or Stronic, PDK etc. For me the ONLY reasons I might jump to M4 from the RS5 (or get it along with the RS5) are:

1] want full leather dash
2] want red/orange leather
3] miss rwd the slighest bit (though I also like AWD sometimes)

You mentioned mods. Mods definitely make you more attached to a car. What mods have you done to the RS5? I heard no mention of exhaust ( a must), stainless brake lines, lightweight wheels, spacers?

IMO trading in a RS5 completely defeats the point of buying the RS5. You have to do a private party sale if you want the most value from it being a limited production. Though as Audi is doing a 2015 run you probably won't see the most value for the RS5 until the new supply is sold and B9 comes out which will likely go turbo meaning that you'll have one of the last stellar NA V8s on the market.

Just some things to consider.
Good points. Honestly, I didn't feel like spending 5k on capristo exhaust when deep down I know I won't keep the car for long. I don't track it so see no needs for brake lines etc. Spacers I put in and lowered it the first week I owned... Along with some coding. It's all in my signature if interested.

I believe I've come to an agreement with a sales guy so I'm gonna do it. I get to keep my car until the m4 is built... Which could be pushed, who knows... And I pay 14k. If I sell an rs5 by then, they'll take 2k off msrp.

So I think it's a good deal for me as I really don't enjoy having an rs5.
Appreciate 0