01-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #3
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVTee View Post
Does anyone here have their F48 equipped with the Active Cruise Control w/ stop and go? I haven't been able to find much information about how well this feature works. The reason I'm asking is that I've read that it uses a camera based system rather than a radar like in most mercedes / larger BMWs. What are your experiences with the system in these cars?

I'm coming from an e90 335d and while I still love my car, I'd like to have a little bit more practicality, ground clearance, new electronics (HUD, ACC) and awd. I test drove the F48 recently and it felt like a refined mini countryman to me. So I'm looking to get into one of these fun little crossover.
I have the stop/start feature on mine. I actually turned it off at first because I was concerned about the wearing of the starter and other components in the set up. I've started using it and find it hardly noticeable and quite efficient. As far as the starter goes I've read that these parts are made specifically for the constant stop and go so why not save some fuel. Here in Montreal we are paying about
$1.23 for premium per litre. Ouch!
You will love this SAV I am sure. Loads of fun to drive!
Appreciate 0