05-08-2023, 08:51 AM   #21
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I understand your skepticism, and it's natural to have doubts when it comes to modifying leased vehicles. However, as I mentioned before, my personal experience with complete builds on leased cars has been positive, and I have documented my builds on the forums for transparency.

Setting my experience aside, this forum, with its 15-year history, serves as a massive pool of data on modified cars, including leased vehicles. There are hundreds of thousands of tuned cars with various modifications, ranging from simple stage 1 tunes to full builds. If warranty voids were a common issue due to modifications, you would expect to find numerous threads discussing such experiences. However, you will be hard-pressed to find more than a couple of such threads, indicating that warranty voids are relatively rare in this community.

It's essential to consider the data and experiences shared on this forum when forming an opinion on the matter. While you are entitled to your opinion, I encourage you to take some time and look through the available data before coming to a conclusion.

So again, show me the data of all these voided warranties, and let's have a real conversion. If after 15 years of BMW turbo cars and hundreds of thousands of tuned BMWs, you cannot find the data, you should probably revise your opinion.
Your experience is nice but apparently not everyone has the same experience.

"BMW has and is increasing crack downs on anything aftermarket these days and also warranty claims. They routinely will pop in on dealerships as well as monitor claims. Dealers can face fines etc.. for breaking BMWNA rules. In return BMW is trying to offer more and more "performance type options" to customers if they wish to modify their cars."

This from a member who also is a vendor and has 20K+ posts.

A search of BMW denies warranty claim turns up all sorts of hits from lack of proper service records to speaker mods to engine/drive train mods to tracking.

My advice to any owner of a new or used vehicle with a warranty and who wants to mod the vehicle due so with the understanding if (and this is key) a problem develops the dealer/factory may not honor a warranty claim.

Yeah, on other forums I've read posts by a few owners who claim to have problem after problem with a mod'd car and the dealer just fixes it with no questions asked. That's great. But it is like the 96 year old who has smoked all his life and brags it hasn't killed him. That's good news but I'm not going to take up smoking assuming I'll have the same luck as he has had.
Appreciate 1