View Single Post
      08-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

MadDad(TM) Exhausts are coming to the 1 Series

3/3/09 Group Buy/Pre-Orders Now being taken. Please see Group Buy/Pre-Order Thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236719
================================================== =============

One of the most respected brands of Subaru performance exhausts is coming to your 1 Series. For the past 5 years MadDad has been producing some of the most well received exhaust systems for the turbocharged Subaru WRX and STi. If any of you current 1 Series owners came from the Subaru world and fequented the popular Subaru forums I'm sure you've heard of the brand.

The MadDad(TM) Whisper series exhausts are renouned for their no-drone design, low key OEM look, and unmistakable sound character. We like to say they offer "..all of the sound character, with none of the noise". This means we have no tolerance for droning inside the cabin at any rpm range, while maintaining an intoxicating sound charcter that will make you want to shut off the radio...all without trigger the db police.

We really have to thank the BMW community for the success of the Whisper catback in the Subaru community. Why? Because it was the experience our exhaust engineering partner had with performance BMW designs that allowed us to create a low db level/no drone 3" catback design for the Subaru community. With a decade of experience building BMW and Audi exhaust systems our egineering partner was well aware of the droning exhibited in many european exhausts and combated that with a patented, imported German exhaust packing material and application specific exhaust canisters and baffle designs. Those lessons learned were applied to our Subaru products with great success and we we're excited to be able to bring that origonal european experience back to the BMW enthusiats. So what are we initially planning...

135i MadDad(TM) Whisper Backbox
135i MadDad(TM) Whisper S/T Catback

First, I have to tell you that the history of MadDad(TM) parts comes from my own personal wants/desires for parts. In the Subaru world every part we made was on my own car first. The need for a low db 3" catback came from my own need as a dad driving with 2 baby seats in the back of my car along with my wife so I needed an exhaust that would almost dissapear when the windows were rolled up but also had the sound character and performance that you know we all desire..and the Whisper series was born. With that said, my personal 2009 135i is on order and I'll be taking delivery sometime in October so the game begins all over again and the first parts are of course what I would be looking for myself.

The MadDad(TM) Whisper Backbox (aka axleback) will replace the factory unit with a higher flow bolt-on unit. We don't expect any seat of the pants performance gains with this piece alone as the car is still strangled by 4 cats well prior to this. However it will open things up enough to allow a sound character that the factory should have given the car to begin with and will be a useful piece in a modular setup, as we'll offer an intermediate pipe as a separate piece to open the performance and sound even further. Staying true to our design, it will look classy OEM with factory sized dual tips.

Our plans for the MadDad(TM) Whisper S/T (Street and Track) is to offer a very flexible catback exhaust system. Connecting to the factory downpipes, the Whisper S/T will be a complete system from the downpipes back, offering quick release v-clamped removable lower cats that can be swapped for straight pipes for track duty. The removable cats will be hi-flow metal subatsrate units. We've been using metal substrate cats exclusively in every catted application we've ever created. The flow and reliability far supasses that of any similiar ceramic based units.

Now here is where we need your help...much like getting tailored for a new suit we need to get a 1 Series into the shop of our fabrication shop to take all the key measurements. Our fabrication shop is in the Fountain Valley area of Ca. If your an existing 1 Series owner in that area that would like to test out a new product in advance of its release please PM us. Once we have a taker we will post back here let you know(so we dont keep getting PMs ). Who ever assists will be allowed to take a production unit at half price...which at the moment is to TBD. We'll post pricing as we get closer.

I can't tell you folks how excited we are to be bringing the Whisper series to the 1 Series. I'm looking forward to my 135i project car and sharing the parts we make as I pimp my own ride :thumbup:

Happy Driving...

Rich
MadDad Exhausts
www.maddad-performance.com

Last edited by maddad; 03-03-2009 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0