View Single Post
      01-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #11
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
i thought it was a typo lol ...and you were #1.

Dealer just wants to 'lock you in'
I wish it was a typo lol, and you're probably right about locking me in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Could be marked up and people are passing on the allocation, so dealer is working their way down the list.

Remember that OP is in Cali...
I have an email out to the sales person, just waiting on a response. Given that I am #11, I agree it doesn't add up. Also, promised MSRP which I am happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
You mentioned you want to keep the M2 for a very long time. If so get the manual. Out of warranty DCT are very expensive to fix. Most indy shops will not work on them and dealers do not either as they just want to replace the entire transmission as a whole unit!

Good luck on your color decision. I am having a hard time between LBB and AW.
Solid advice on the dct vs manual. hmmmm I knew joining a forum like this would only make this stuff more complicated lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
If you don't mind, which dealer are you working with?
Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo California, promised me straight MSRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I love how the guy asks about colors but the manual fans can't help but try to convert the thread to a manual versus DCT conversation. Manuals are the only way to go yada yada blah blah. Can't understand why McLaren, Ferrari and all of those dummies in Formula One haven't figured out manuals are the only correct transmission.

Back to the color conversation. For me the LBB is the only color that shows the contours of the car so that is my choice. Having said that I think there will be a lot of LBB cars
I had a feeling I was walking into thread jack when I disclosed my DCT preference! It's all good. And yeessss the contours on LBB, that's what has attracted me to that color

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
The reason I went with MG is because I couldn't live long term with LBB. It's a cool color for a few but I'd grow tired of it. It's also a loud color. MG will hide imperfections well and you can make it as aggressive or low key as you want with your mods. Good luck with the color choice though!

BTW, congrats. I'm coming to the M2 from an 06 Crystal Gray STi. I felt like it was time to grow up and get some niceties. The STi has been a great car but I'm growing soft in my old age and want a more plush interior.

p.s. get the manual.
Congrats to you too! The Subaru community has been good to me, 10 years on that STi, I just hope the young punks who buy our cars don't crash em too fast lol. Also, very good points about the longevity of LBB... I didn't think about it that way.

Thank you for the tips/advice fellow future M2 peeps. I guess the solution to all of this is I spend another weekend walking around the lot looking at various colors in direct sunlight, in the shade, test drive a manual m4, and come up with more things to be uncertain of... big picture these are all good problems to have

-Ryan
Appreciate 0