05-13-2023, 07:41 PM   #136
E63M6_G42M240i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 TR G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I think the E63 M6 looks awkward and weird... but I haven't driven it yet. What we all seem to forget is that aesthetic visual interpretation is an emotional reaction which is also heavily influenced by the other senses. For example, a plate of spaghetti is not particularly beautiful, but if you love the smell and taste of spaghetti, then the sight of the dish brings about a positive emotional response. Same for cars. If a heinous car drives like a dream and makes your pulse pound faster, then the sight of that car will bring about a positive emotional response.

In the case of your E63 M6, you love how it sounds and drives. I think it's ugly, but since I haven't had a positive visceral experience with the car, I can't appreciate it and can only judge on how it looks. I think the F13 is a much better looking M6, especially with the with the rear and improved headlights. Maybe if I drove them back to back that opinion might change.
Understood. Like I said, I’m just one of many who are pissed off that bmw chose to make their last “short” wheelbase drivers car look like that not to mention weigh just about the same as a similar equipped m4.

As for the f13, it’s gorgeous better looking but the e63 literally weighs 400 lbs less and has a v10 that is produces eargasms.
Appreciate 0