View Single Post
      07-27-2014, 05:29 AM   #15
dwvcfii
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 328is, 2006 330ci ZHP

The main reason why I'd have a serious aversion to buying the Mustang in spite of recent advances (independent rear, for example) is that it's a Ford and that means I'd had to deal with the Ford dealers -- all of whom haven't the faintest clue how to treat a customer. My BMW center is definitely designed from the ground up to treat customers well:

It has bays into which you drive your car when you arrive for service. Great for getting out of the rain/snow, etc. Ford dealer? Just pull up outside and park somewhere if you can find a spot and walk through the weather to stand on line.

After walking through the door separating the main building and the "arrival bay" you can sit down with your service advisor to discuss the issues at hand rather than just stand there uncomfortably for the time needed to check-in the car.

They typically have well-appointed waiting rooms with pastries, bagles and coffee/tea/soda available free of charge, which make waiting somewhat pleasant.

They always provide a BMW loaner, as opposed to some generic rental car, and generally take requests -- although I've always bought cars from BMW, once I actually requested an X series loaner just so I could test drive it.

Until Ford / GM and the other manufacturers wake up and smell the fresh brewed coffee and start treating customers as they should be treated, I'll stick with BMW / Porsche. It's worth the premium I pay not to be treated like cattle.