Thread: M3/M4 vs. RS5
View Single Post
      02-06-2014, 09:49 PM   #19
ZGM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

The car may be near the end of its life-cycle, but it is STILL one of the most beautiful coupes on the road. Quarttro is considered by most to be the best all wheel system in the world and it is amazing to have the confidence when driving in bad conditions.

EXCEPT don't try this with Quarttro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyOMskK3A2o

As stated before the major drawbacks are the excessive weight, the lack of driver to car feel and input, and the lack of a manual transmission. Plenty of people track the RS5 and have a blast while doing it (you can get on the gas much earlier in the apex than in a rrd). If you go this route be sure to look at getting the Eurocode Alu Kreuz (helps structural rigidity and stiffens up the steering feel) and a set of sways to "help" with the understeer issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
I dont understand the winter argument. RS5 is a performance car and it comes with summer tires no? How is the AWD going to help in snow with summer tires? Put on a set of cheap winter tires on the M3, it will destroy RS5 in snow.
You are joking right? Thats like saying because my car comes with all seasons but I track it it every other month that i must keep my all season tire on the car? If you spend over $75k for the car you can most likly afford $1200 on a winter wheel and tire setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domd817 View Post
My brother has a s4 with the v6T engine and it even gives him fits.
What type of fits? The V6 Supercharged engine is a beautiful thing (especially when mated to a manual transmission). Around 340 Hp and tons of torque. Smooth and powerful., not to mention there are a few great performance upgrades for this engine that add a ton more HP and Torque for only a couple grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
Audi is owned by Volkswagen, as is Porsche. Both make it very tough on the owner in regard to cover anything under warranty. They try to weasel out of covering anything.
This is only partially true from experiences that I read on the Audi forums, but very few and far between, and ONLY when and an upgraded aftermarket part could easily be the culprit in the failure. I have never had this issue with any of my Audi's and I have owned 4 with mods.
Appreciate 0