Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
I watched the launch of the CT4&5 VBW last night and I was not impressed at all by the exterior & interior design.

The CT4-VBW would need to be another $10k cheaper to tempt me to move from BMW to Cadillac.

The CT5-VBW appears to have a great drivetrain, sounds awesome, and will probably drive very well too. But I can't see myself spending such money on a Cadillac tbh.
I remember a time when BMW didn't wow anyone with their interior or exterior designs, but the driving experience was second to none....

There is nothing wrong with this viewpoint, but I just want to point out that it's odd to see BMW enthusiasts turn their nose up at competitors based on styling or the like. The same criticism used to be leveled at BMW, in which the reply would be "if you want a nice interior, buy a Lexus; if you want care anything about the driving experience, buy a BMW".

Times have changed ...
To me BMW always delivered on styling and never disappointed with the driving experience.

But Cadillac is a brand that just doesn't appeal to me, just like BMW doesn't appeal to some people. I find the design boring and very conservative so it doesn't match what I'm looking for in my next $80k+ car. And I'm not impressed with their interior quality or tech. Cadillacs are not associated with older people for no reason.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0