View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 09:01 PM   #4
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavoush View Post
Thanks, I have an MXS5. AGM mode it goes up to 14.7 in standard mode goes up to 14.4. If the M2 battery is an AGM, should I not be charging with the AGM mode on the charger since it goes to 14.7v and the M2 manual says keep it at 14.4v?
I see that the manual says 14.4V which is odd, because BMW TIS says not to exceed 14.8V.

Quote:
Warning! Do not charge the AGM battery with > 14.8 V. Do not use rapid-charging programs!
When charging removed batteries (so-called stand‐alone batteries), do not exceed the maximum charging voltage of 14.8 V at room temperature. Also, for charging via the external start connection point, the maximum charging voltage of 14.8 V at room temperature must not be exceeded. The battery can be damaged even if the AGM battery is only briefly charged with a charging voltage higher than 14.8 V. A charging voltage of more than 14.8 V is usually used in quick-charging routines.
See attached 'Notes on AGM battery.pdf'

Also see here for more info on the battery and charging.

If you're uncomfortable going to 14.7V then just select the standard car charging program. It's identical to the AGM program with the exception that it only goes up to 14.4V.

MXS_5.0-manual-low-UK-EN.pdf
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Notes on AGM battery.pdf (558.2 KB, 21 views)
Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1099.00