View Single Post
      11-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
zcpierre
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
Am I the only one considering the new RWD version of the X5? the truth is I don't really need X Drive here in South Florida other than probably for rainy days, of which we can have a lot. I'm not going for the DHP (not available on the s35i) as I'm getting 3rd row anyway and I don't care too much about Active Steering (also not available on s35i), especially now with the EPS. Apart from those two and night vision, I'm basically getting all the other options

Is there anything else I should consider to order an X over an S?
I think I'm the only one on this board who ordered an Sdrive. I live in Houston and don't plan to do any off roading. I talked to my dealer and he thought it would be fine. Also, they are easier to get. I placed my order on Sat 10/19, it was in production by Monday 10/21, completed production 10/30, and now it's on a truck to me as of today! I should have it mid next week! If I would have ordered xdrive it would have taken at least until Thanksgiving.
I'll post pics when I get it. I haven't test driven yet, so I can't remark on the ride.
Appreciate 0