View Single Post
      06-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niart906 View Post
Looking for some advice from those of you that have upgraded your intercooler. Which brand did you go with and why?

I'm running a JB4, and I've found that even on just Map 2 and 93 octane fuel, I am heat soaking in the later sessions. I can see/feel the JB pulling boost and timing. I would like to be able to run E40 on Map7 for future track days, so I need a larger intercooler. On the street the OE one is fine for a few pulls but will heat soak shorty after.

I'm leaning towards the VRSF intercooler because of it's price. Anyone with any firsthand experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niart906 View Post
Actual tracking, I frequent Pocono Raceway a couple times throughout the summer. I'm hoping to make it to NJMP too this summer.
Have you considered leaving your JB4 in a more conservative/stock mode for the track?

Running a car at 7/10ths+ for multiple 20-30 minute sessions is a different animal than most FBO users who are just doing a quick 20 second straight line pull at most.

Your use case is going to be exceeding the engineering envelope of the car with far higher frequency than most other owners.
Appreciate 0