View Single Post
      08-20-2023, 09:28 PM   #2
ILikeBimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: (G42) m240ix

Garage List
I don't think these mods would yield that large of a performance gain on a piggy-back. Not to say that they would do nothing. I don't know about the B48, but the B58 has a decent stock airbox. If I had to guess I'd imagine that the catless downpipe would probably give you the biggest performance gain by reducing turbo backpressure.

From a more cosmetic angle the catless will certainly make your car sound much more raspy and agressive, but it's also the most labor intensive part to install whether you DIY or get someone to do it for you. The intake sounds may also make your drive more engaging.

To me it seems like a lot of money to spend unless you went with a true flash tune, but I'm guessing you already know about the option of sending your ECU on a little vacation to finland. Personally, I think I might even allocate some of the budget to a nice set of summer tires like the michelin pilot sports or something first. I think if you have your heart is set on them or you're probably going to flash tune in the future it's probably worth it.

Also what product did you find that is a fully titanium charge pipe? I could only find aluminum ones for my m240. It sounds rather expensive, though it obviously would be quite light.
Appreciate 0