View Single Post
      05-26-2023, 04:38 AM   #104
bernard1414
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CompJorge View Post
It’s better to just have your ECU unlocked, typically it’s a 4-6 day turn around and it cost ~1500. Jb4 will void your warranty too if that’s what you’re worried about, these cars know when something is tampering with the files.
Exactly what I was worried about, the warranty. I was under the impression since the JB4 is only modifying the signal to the ECU rather than rewriting it, it would be untraceable after you remove it? Could the data logs in the ECU see the increased boost over a set period of time when running the JB4, maybe? If so, how could the dealer say that it was me that caused the increased boost if I remove the JB4 beforehand? This starts to fall into that situation where its dealers word versus mine.....assuming something happened to the car and I needed to have it fixed. I've never had issues with JB4, but seeing the other comment about about it not being totally calibrated for the M2 yet, that's a real concern. I'll keep my $1k in my pocket for now and start to look at other options after a few months and as other folks get their hands on it first.
Appreciate 1
ronin130131000.50