View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Street coil-over recommendations

I have had the 1M now for a few days and would like some feedback regarding street suspension. On my e46 M3 I had ground-control coil-overs with camber plates. Looked great and handled nicely. Next was my 997 C2S which had Bilstein damptronic coil-overs, had it fully corner balanced etc. What a WORLD of difference those made. It was night and day imho. Then next was the e92 M3. Went a different route and did just drop springs to be compatible with the EDC. Seemed to work quite well and I was happy with that setup also.

So now here is the 1M: no EDC = no need to compromise. But if I am using the car 90% for street and 10% on mountain drives, CCA events, 1-2 track events per year what do you think? Would you go with just springs or would you still go coil-overs? Pluses of the latter are no wear on stock struts, better handling, adjustability, etc. Only con I can think of is price. And given this, would you go KWV3 or something else like TC Kline, JRZ, etc? Right now I am strongly leaning towards KWV3. Would love to hear some feedback!
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0