View Single Post
      01-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #9
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

I don't think you can compare this to the 1M, not limited production. Just like the M3 that has the same residual as the rest of the 3 series lineup, hopefully the M2 has the same residual as the 2 series lineup.

It doesn't matter than there is not history of residuals because that doesn't really determine lease residuals. Back in March the 3 series had its highest residual of 66% (including the m3) and I can guarantee that your car would have been worth less than 66% after 3 years. I remember ordering my M3 which was a very high demand car in terms of trying to get an allocation but was still able to get a 66% residual and 7% off Msrp.

BMW I think has begun to realize that there is a huge market in the 50k range and really want to make an entry level car into the M world. The posts on here suggest this isn't a pure M car like the 1M. (No mirrors, no M button)

I'm trying to be positive and think that you will be able to lease a pretty basic M2 in the low to mid 600s with 0 out of pocket. I'm hoping for high 500s as I will be doing ED.
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 1