View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #17
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
While it's true the M2 won't see the same production numbers as its big brothers it also won't have the same demand. This group on the forums is not an accurate representation of BMW M buyers as a whole. Some may want the M2 over the M3/4 but most want the amenities the M2 does not offer (moon roof, CF roof, different interior options, more color options, HUD, more power from the factory, ect.) The major thing going for the M2 is the pricing.You also have to take into consideration that the used M3/4s will be around the same price as a new M2 at the time, so many spending around the $50-55K may find more value going that route. Worst comes to worst I will go ED, but if it is relatively easy to pick up an M2 for less than MSRP more than a year after its initiation then its safe to say private sales will adjust appropriately. So really comes down to how easy it will be to buy one new, guess we will find out.
You make some good points,especially the pricing of some used M3 and M4 cars compared to a new M2.I guess used M2 values will depend on how much of an increase in production there will be for the M2 after 2016.If it stays like it is right now,then the M2 will definiteley hold its value much more than the M3 and M4.I don't buy used cars but it will be great if the M2 does hold its value for the next few years.It would be nice to have the option to easily sell my 2016 M2 in a couple years and order the LCI.M2 production numbers will determine how much the M2 holds its value,not the price IMO.
Appreciate 0