Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN1P3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G42Bama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN1P3 View Post
Does anyone know how much, if any, fake engine/exhaust sounds are pumped into these cars?

I was driving last night and got some interesting sounds while in sport and sport plus. The pops/crackle when releasing the throttle after hard acceleration sound more like subtle booms in the cabin (windows up). Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm not sure if I like it or not. I know the B58 sounds great from the outside but the booming sounds in the cabin are…different. At first I thought I had something loose in the rear (suspension related), and later realized the thumping/booms are happening after I release the throttle.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The manual is helpful! It's in the settings. Have seen it, but I haven't messed with it, really doesn't bother me. Give that a go
Will try for sure! Thanks for the tip!

I'm also trying to confirm that my sounds are on par with what's expected. Does yours make the same thumping/booming sounds as opposed to pops/crackles?
yes I can confirm mine does the same thing. I'm kind of missing the pops and burbles of my f22 m240i with m performance exhaust and Dinan midpipe. might have to do these same mods on my new car once they are available.
Appreciate 1
SN1P3211.50