View Single Post
      11-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
ring007
Major
Rep
Drives: GT3RS & Speciale No BMWs now

Valentine V1 Installation E93

I installed my V1 tonight with the remote display (installed in the ash tray area after the ash tray insert was removed by drilling a 1/2 hole on the driver side of the counsel top to run the wire to the remove display). Took me about 90 minutes (as usual I worked slow and have no idea what I'm doing), and I think it turned out well and didn't have to cut into any wiring.

I located the detector to the right (passengers side) of the rearview mirror so it blends into the area around the mirror and rain sensor. I then rain the telephone wire in the headliner to the passenger side A pillar (pulls off easy start at the top corner) and around the passenger footwell to the center ashtray area.

I removed the center counsel top (pops up easy with an interior clip removal tool) just be sure you disconnect the wires and remove the leather cover piece for the DCT. I then ran another telephone wire from the remote display (along with the wire for the detector) back through the center counsel (there are holes that lead you to the armrest area already there so no cutting necessary) and ran the wires under the rubber mat thingy to the accessory power plug in the arm rest. I plugged the V1 power plug into the accessory power plug and presto stealth install without cutting into the factory wire harness. Looks very clean as well and nobody but me knows it's there and runs off the key so turns on with the car.
Appreciate 0