01-04-2023, 04:18 PM   #28
TJZ67201
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by irs320 View Post
I just picked up a 2023 m240i xdrive with the cooling & high performance tire package so have the staggered wheel setup with 245/35/19 in the front and 255/35/19's in the rear. Moved on up from a 2014 3 series this is a whole new world for me.

The tires that came with the car are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S with the star and while I've heard they're awesome tires, I'm in New England and the temps have been in the 30's and below all week, with some snow in between.

I'm not taking this thing on the track (I'm a pretty conservative driver) and also not interested in swapping back and forth between summer/winter wheels (nor spending an additional 4 grand on a dedicated winter setup at the moment) so got some Pilot Sport All Season 4's from Tire Rack.

Does anyone have any experience with these tires? They seem great from reviews.

Also, I'm new to the whole summer tire game, it's supposed to get up to the low to mid 40's for the next few days, some rainy days in there, I'm assuming driving locally, as long as I'm not driving like a maniac will be ok with these summer tires on?

Thanks!
I have the Pilot Sport All Season 4s. Swapped out the stock Pirelli P0 Summer tires for the all seasons.

I can say the Michelins feel much better on the road in the cold (below 32 f). Cold handling is much better, you can tell the summer tires are not happy in below freezing weather. I picked up my car in Nov so I never had a chance to drive the Pirellis in warm weather. But I can say the Michelins are great, at least so far in the cold. Quiet and smooth ride, plus grip really well in corners at speed.

Haven’t driven them in the snow yet, but the reviews all suggest they should be great for all seasons. I debated swapping back to the Pirellis in the summer, but might just keep the all seasons year round.
Appreciate 0