utenigma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i 8SA M-Adaptive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler24 View Post
HI, I posted this in another thread but got no responses and thus will ask again in a dedicated thread.

can anyone comment who has the H&R sport springs as to how the ride is with the adaptive suspension, thinking about getting it but concerned that the ride maybe to harsh and how much more drop does it give you? Any regrets?"

I would appreciate it if people with this set up can comment on there experiences.
Normally the M-adaptive suspension carries the same 10mm drop that the Sport-Line and M-Sport have (with the exception of the AWD models, which carry no drop)

So, if you have M-adaptive, Sport-line or M-Sport, the H&R sport springs will drop you an additional
Front - 1.3 in (33 mm)
Rear - 0.7 in (17.8 mm)
If you have the regular suspension, the drop will be 10mm more or
Front - 1.5 in (38 mm)
Rear - 1.0 in (25.5 mm)

Sourced from H&R's website here
http://www.hrsprings.com/scripts/app...Find3&MakeID=4

Super Sport drops are listed there as well - basically they're 0.3 in lower than sport in front and back (7.6 mm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfichman View Post
i am also curious about this. also wondering if its possible to just cut the springs?
Dear god don't do that - these are progressive springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
Here are my first impressions that I posted awhile back: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755246 After a couple thousand miles, I haven't changed my opinion. I drive almost exclusively in Sport or Sport+...Comfort can be a bit bouncy....but as I noted in my first impressions, it's not as bouncy as I have experienced with other cars with aftermarket springs and stock dampers.

It's clearly stiffer and you certainly feel more of the bumps, but I've never once regreted it.
Is comfort with the H&R's sports more bouncy than stock comfort?
Appreciate 0