View Single Post
      02-13-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
aerof16
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i

Advice on how to update this G30

I'm fairly new to BMW, so I am not overly familiar with the tried and true companies/products/etc., which is why I'm looking for some advice from the forum members here. I bought this car because I needed something I would love driving and put some serious miles on (20-25K per year). I bought it CPO, which made the most sense for what I needed. The roads are ok where I live but have lots of sand/debris/rocks. I have replaced 2 windshields in my other vehicles so far and just damage a 3rd in the 18 months we've lived here.

Love my G30 and the Silverstone color but hate the chrome. I started another thread on here about wrapping the chrome but my intent with this thread is more about all around exterior products. Right now, the car is in for Xpel clear bra and ceramic coating on paint/wheels/glass.

For the front grill and trim, I think buying the OEM gloss black products is probably my best bet (or a good aftermarket). I don't think wrapping the products is going to hold up well to the abuse this car is going to see.

For the door/window trim, maybe that is where a wrap could make sense? I've never worked with that trim but I bet it's a pain and the shadowline stuff is like $1300.

Also, something has to happen with the rear. It's just so...blah. I don't want carbon fiber (just not the look I am going for) but maybe stick with a gloss black theme all around. The OEM spoiler doesn't really do it for me.

Suggestions on maybe a front chin spoiler, rear spoiler, rear diffuser?

Thanks in advance.

I'd love to upload pics but it won't let me without using a 3rd part site, so I guess I wont.
Appreciate 0