View Single Post
      02-21-2024, 09:40 AM   #35
ipeefreely
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM, 2024 M2, 2022 GT3

Chris Harris said that the weight won't matter if you can't feel it. But I'm going to slightly disagree with that statement...

First off, the weight will probably matter, especially when it comes to consumables. Tires, brakes, etc... will wear at a much higher rate compared to something that is 1000 lbs lighter. This is obvious.

Second, the handling and driving experience will not be the same as that of a lighter car. I'm not saying that's a bad thing though. There's obviously a lot of engineering behind the car and I trust that BMW hasn't just released something that would diverge so far from their usual ethos. Like... would you guys be happy if the M2 drove like a Miata? That's a completely different driving experience. Also I'm not sure about you guys, but if my BMW drove like a Miata, I probably wouldn't like it (or I would just buy a Miata).

In the end, I find that the driving experience a long with the looks are purely subjective. Everybody is different and therefore not only have different uses for the car but have different preferences. We can debate all day on here about whether the car is ugly or not, whether it understeers a bit too much, or if the interior is tall enough... but at the end of the day, it's once again... a personal preference. Buy and drive what works for you.
Appreciate 0