View Single Post
      04-27-2022, 08:45 AM   #29
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Why you always get it in writing and signed by the sales mgr. Any reputable dealer will provide this without asking. Said document provides recourse for legal action if the dealer fails to fulfill their obligation.
I have been through this process many times. Problem is there is no transparency on how the dealer handles things behind the scenes. For instance I've been next on the list and then found out from someone on the forum that they got my allocation instead. Another time a different sales rep that was in the dealer lot slipped up and said I was #3 in line. not #1. I didn't believe him until he told me he handles the list. When I confronted my sales rep he said he would look into it only to come back and tell me he had made a mistake and I was indeed #3, but he was "working hard" to move me up.

In both instances I had a deposit down and it was signed by the sales manager. This is common practice for a lot of car salesman, regardless of brand. They will juggle allocations around and if they can sell it to someone else for more $$$ they will.
Appreciate 0