04-27-2022, 10:16 AM   #30
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I have been through this process many times. Problem is there is no transparency on how the dealer handles things behind the scenes. For instance I've been next on the list and then found out from someone on the forum that they got my allocation instead. Another time a different sales rep that was in the dealer lot slipped up and said I was #3 in line. not #1. I didn't believe him until he told me he handles the list. When I confronted my sales rep he said he would look into it only to come back and tell me he had made a mistake and I was indeed #3, but he was "working hard" to move me up.

In both instances I had a deposit down and it was signed by the sales manager. This is common practice for a lot of car salesman, regardless of brand. They will juggle allocations around and if they can sell it to someone else for more $$$ they will.
You are spot on here, that is 100% correct. I know there are some good car salesmen on here, so obviously no offense to them, but from my experience, dealerships are the lest trustworthy people on earth. I will not hold my breath for myself actually being #2 on the list. Maybe having bought 2 M2s from the dealership may help, but I would not be surprised if they bumped me down cause someone else comes forward offering to pay $5-10k over MSRP.