Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimo
Pulled out of work after parking under hot texas sun the other day. At the first light I was playing around with the throttle, I was trying to keep the RPM constant at 2k...IMPOSSIBLE !!

I push the throttle till it goes to 2k, without moving my foot the RPM would go down in obvious steps to say 1.5k then go back up...then go down...like my E90 was -->

Lets play another game: keep the RPM at 3k. same deal, the RPM kept changing alone even though my foot was constant not moving ! I wished I took a video (from phone) of the rpm...it clearly was jumping back n forth in increments of 100 rpm or so...

HONK HONK! My light turned green, but I was just too busy playing footsy with my E90...

This could explain why I can never learn how to get a smooth shift on this car !! The car is not obeying my feet !! CDV, Drive-by-wire...soon they will have "allow me to press the brakes for you"

(still love my car though )

Skimo
Interesting ......... although I have to say, I decided to screw trying to get smooth shifts and just drive without thinking, and I'm actually shifting really smoothly now.
Appreciate 0