View Single Post
      09-05-2019, 07:53 AM   #17
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi911 View Post
Congrats on your X5. I'm a PCD newbie and am about to place an order. I am hoping you could answers some questions on the PCD process.

1) When do you finalize the docs and payment - when you place the order, when you pick up the car, when the car is in production, etc?

2) At what point do you get notified to pick up the car and how much flexibility are you given to pick up the car - are you expected to go immediately or do you have several weeks to coordinate the time?

Thanks!
I actually final-signed my lease in the middle of the performance center delivery, and dropped it off at a UPS office the next morning. I did have an unsigned lease contract in hand, but the mileage was incorrect, so I didn't sign-off on that one. This left us with morning of UPS shipment to the hotel, but the bill of sale was already signed and provided to BMW Perf. Ctr.

If the first lease didn't have the mileage term stated incorrectly, it would have been signed by me 3 days before delivery scheduled, and mailed back the next morning.

When you order the car and say you want to do a PCD your salesman should ask you for a few date options you'd prefer. You should shoot for the 4-6 week out window here if a shorter time is important to you. I got the email confirming my date as the 29th on the 12th of that same month. So I had 16-17 days advance notice that the date was approved to coordinate airfare/road trip hotels/etc.

If the date wouldn't have worked for me, the email on the 12th advised me to reply asap in that case. I'm sure flexibility is their forte here, and moving back is a much more likely option than moving it up.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0