View Single Post
      05-10-2023, 06:30 AM   #23
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
Not to point out the elephant in the room, but this isn't really an objetive test of either car. There's no video or data to support anything. That's like someone making a thread that they just tested a G87 vs Mustang around a mysterious "personal" racetrack and their findings was that the Mustang was better. Then they post a pic of a Mustang being washed as some sort of evidence to provide validity to their "test". Personal preference for either car is of course fine, but again there was no objective test conducted.
why would it need to be objective? the gentleman pointed out his feelings of the car feeling far more stable... that doesn't necessitate objective results... which comes back to me, tests like this being more important than track tests because they show more realistic scenarios on everyday streets...

i just need 1 number - give me the 1/4 mile time and speed and I know everything about how fast the car is... the rest will be felt out on how it feels on the street in terms of stability, turning, daily driving, weight, etc... track times will have 0 meaning to me especially when they are provided on non stock tires... this was the fallacy of the F87C which I owned... with proper tires it may get a good track time but on the street its all over the place, an objective measurement won't tell me that
jhall19571096.50