View Single Post
      05-10-2023, 07:49 AM   #24
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
why would it need to be objective? the gentleman pointed out his feelings of the car feeling far more stable... that doesn't necessitate objective results... which comes back to me, tests like this being more important than track tests because they show more realistic scenarios on everyday streets...

i just need 1 number - give me the 1/4 mile time and speed and I know everything about how fast the car is... the rest will be felt out on how it feels on the street in terms of stability, turning, daily driving, weight, etc... track times will have 0 meaning to me especially when they are provided on non stock tires... this was the fallacy of the F87C which I owned... with proper tires it may get a good track time but on the street its all over the place, an objective measurement won't tell me that
Let’s not jump on M2ss too hard, he makes good points indeed. The numbers have been discussed by way better qualified people then me. I imagine he owns a F87( as I do) and doesn’t like my opinion. Like I said, I don’t really like it 100% either! hahahaha

I will say this M2ss, if you want to come to NC sometime, you can drive both for just a couple thousand dollars and decide what your personal, informed opinion is. I’d enjoy meeting you and discussing. It’s always fun to hang out with other BMW folks!