View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 12:32 PM   #164
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
They might be only used in other markets and not NA, at least that's the hope. I have a feeling the bean counters wouldn't let them use the M3/4 seats and the engineers were saying the cheap seats didn't have enough bolstering for an M car; enter alcantara inserts.
The problem with that theory, the NA market doesn't get the Msport seats in the M240 like other markets(still no explanation from BMW on that). Germany M240 configurator doesn't have Msport seats either. Is is just UK market getting those?

It just makes no sense for BMW to have their suppliers make a one-off seat for one prototype mule(just so happens to be the base manual car). They have to be going in G87 for some market(s), they look too finished in videos.

Watching the videos, they look to be manual seats with electric lumbar and side bolsters(identical spec to what came in F87 non-comp in EU). These preproduction cars were EU spec with OPF and all. I see NA market getting full electric version like we did with F87 non-comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Dude, I don't 100% trust anything they say. I'm not saying they're intentionally lying, but they've been inaccurate on many details in the past. I can't blame them, these cars vary a lot region to region, etc.
+1 There is really no context to that answer in BMWblog video...what region or even trim level. Could the Comp get the Msport seats standard and the Base get the OG-like seats standard. If BMW wants to keep msrp close to $60k, this is one way while adding features like adaptive suspension standard.

Last edited by M3WC; 06-14-2022 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 1