06-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Mathys View Post
With the ER catless downpipe, yes. With the Challenge high flow cat, maybe. The JB4 has an auto clear function so you never get the light. I believe that it is an all or nothing though so I'm not going to use it. I would rather clear the check engine light from the downpipe every once in a while than miss an important check engine light.

Also, I ended up doing the downpipe install in my garage with ramps and basic hand tools. Took a little over two hours. If your going to try yourself, the directions tell you to completely remove the exhaust. Not needed. Disconnect at the factory downpipe and disconnect the exhaust hanger at the mid pipe. This will let it hang and give you enough room to remove the downpipe. Aso the directions say you need an E12 socket to remove the downpipe bracket. It is incorrect. I have u p to E16 which was to small. I ended up using a universal socket. If I was to guess, it's an E18 or E20.

I drank to much during the install to take it for a spin, but it starts up and sounds good. When I wake up tommorow, switch to map 2 and take it for a spin.
I think the code clear for the JB4 will only clear the CEL related to the downpipe (whatever related to the exhaust fumes detected) so theoretically it could come on if something else that triggers a CEL happens. I could be wrong though. Not sure what all could trigger a CEL.

What do you plan on doing when you take it to the dealer for anything? It's one thing to spend 10 mins removing the JB4 but it's another deal taking off the DP.

Interested in seeing how you feel the different stages of upgrades changed your car. How was it going to the stage 2 from mppk and stage 2 > DP? I'd also be interested in the difference from map 1 with DP and map 2 with DP.

Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you regardless! I'm contemplating a stage 2 but don't see the 'upgrade' anymore. Probably should just contact BMS, it was $150ish previously.
Appreciate 0