08-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
BSM328xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E70 & 2013 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by manub751 View Post
Hi Folks,

I went to Crevier dealership in Orange county (California) and the sales rep told me that he could place an order for an X5 but it will have to be at full MSRP. He said that the demand for the car is so high that dealers are not offering anything off the MSRP.

This is my first experience buying an upcoming BMW model, so I am not sure if the dealer is right.

Has anybody placed an order in California and managed to get a price less than MSRP or is it pretty common to have to pay MSRP for an upcoming model?

Appreciate any insights.
I would tend to believe that most dealers will be trying to get as close to MSRP as possible (if not full list) for these first few production runs. Since BMW makes so many cars (over 700k E70s produced), I would not worry about this being a long term problem. Unless China has pent up demand for the new X5, I would think that prices will deflate after the initial surge.

Remember, the factory produces vehicles for all over the world and BMW chooses to produce demo vehicles first. Couple that with the fact that the X5 is insanely popular and you have a bit of false demand early on. Once the demo vehicles are on the lots, production will normalize and prices will drop.

If it were me...I'd wait for one model year to pass. Always a few bugs and kinks to work out. I am not interested in being someone's guinea pig!

Best of luck to all who are purchasing the F15...I am looking forward to seeing them in person.

Sold: 2011 328xi; 2013 X3 35i; 2013 X5 50i
Appreciate 0