View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 03:50 PM   #52
nickyjimz
Rep
Drives: M2 (ordered) c7GS GT350 Z4mc

Well coming back to this about a month later, I appreciate everyone's thoughts and I'd figure I'd fess up to what I bought instead so you guys know where I'm coming from: a 2011 Corvette Z06.

There are about 110 reasons why the m2 is a better car, but the Z06 is such a brutally visceral car that gives me what I was missing in the M2. The M2 is much nicer, higher quality - the 'Vette creaks and rattles around a parking garage like something from the 90s - but goddamn does it make all the evil race-car noises when you give it to her, and the lightweight chassis is just wonderful. THe m2 is better, but I wanted more of an experience. I'm sure a few mods would wake the M2 up, but the car was already at the top of my budget so I didn't have too much room to play and it just felt wrong to buy a car I didn't love and then hope I can modify it to get it where I wanted it.

As a daily driver the M2 is so much better in every way (except fuel economy oddly) but the Corvette just feels like a rabid, analog machine that rages along in a way I find satisfying. I've seen a few M2's on the road, and I still get a little tinge of regret everytime I see one, but I don't regret my decision to let the one I ordered go. Maybe the auto is a lot better, and maybe a few mods would make the difference, but for me I wanted more "racecar" that I could daily. The M2 was more "nice car" that was also fast but the speed lacked excitement.

Hope you're all enjoying your cars, I still think the g87 is the most beautiful car I didn't buy. I'm 35 but just love analog, scary, nasty, mean speed. The M2 is too nice for a Neanderthal like me.

See ya'll out there on the road if any of yous are in Virginia.
-Nick
Appreciate 8
MASHCT684.50
koopa132.50
Mr. Hankey1141.00
apez668.00
ayilar20.50