View Single Post
      06-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #18
911 Now
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadOn View Post
Finally!!! I am sorry to hear you had the problem but it has happened to me as well. BMW and have been trying to figure out what is going on. There are no errors in the system and we can't figure out how to reproduce.

Any extra details you can provide on what settings or situations might have happened to cause this would be very appreciated.

Here is my setup.

2008 M3 Coupe with Premium sound and iDrive.

iPod adaptor with iPod connected.

iPhone connected via Bluetooth.

The two times it happened in my case seemed to occur when also using the Parked Ventilation timer. But that could be coincidence.

In my case, twice I have gotten in the car and started it, but no sound will occur at all. In the case where the loud blaring sound happened, I had gotten in the car to leave work, no sound would play in the car, iDrive was sluggish, and the voice recognition system would not work. After coming home, and turning the car off, a couple of minutes later the blaring high pitched sound started. Occasionally the radio would kick in a full volume for a second or two, then back to the tone. Finally after several minutes it stopped.

If anyone else has this issue, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Same exact setup here with the exception of blue tooth. Also I have never used the park/ventilation.
I did set up the NAV for a road trip destination about 15 minutes prior to the occurence but that is it. Had not driven the car in 5 days when it happened. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully there's a fix because it was horribly LOUD. I can't believe Greg/Oregon drove the car like that as I don't think that I could have. Thank's for the input.
Appreciate 0