View Single Post
      03-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
HPF Chris
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i & 530i

QUOTE from Ramjet on n54tech.com.... http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=215903

It gets pretty hot and humid here in Australia and even with everything stock on my Z4 s35i, my OEM FMIC would heatsoak pretty quick. This problem was even more of an issue when I installed my JB4 (what a fantasitic product). I love my JB4, but you could feel the car hit a performance wall within minutes as the FMIC heatsoak set in - when you first start driving you are yelling holy SH%t, the next minute you are thinking what happened to the increadible acceleration?

After doing much research on FMIC's I bought the HPF 335 FMIC, but for my Z4 E89 s35i (RHD). I spoke to HPF sales and while they could not guarantee it would fit my car (they were very up front about this), they did some checking and advised it was a good chance. HPF did me a good deal in consideration of this risk (even reduced some of the shipping cost), as they wanted to know themselves, and also offered to take it back without a restocking fee if it didn't fit, plus they threw in a HPF shirt and a couple of other goodies too. Within days it arrived to me in Australia, well packaged and safe.

I cannot tell you how impressed I am with the quality and the fit of this product. It went straight in and the fit was PERFECT! The factory c-clip couplers fit perfect and even the additional stainless lower brackets (to hold the extra weight) aligned and fitted perfect. I did not need to cut or trim any of the car, in fact, the Z4 has even more room in front of this intercooler. Attached are a couple of photos of the install.

With my new HPF FMIC, wow I can feel the difference. I know the FMIC manufacturers state you get increased power as well as better cooling, but I thought it was more marketing that fact. However, it really does feel like my whole engine breaths much easier - it is more responsive, and yes it feels like I have more power. And the main reason I upgraded the FMIC, I have not hit that heatsoak performance wall yet!!!! :lol

Appreciate 0