View Single Post
      08-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #5
ICTZHP
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G06 X6

I've been collecting components for my F30 335i MSport in preparation for the fall BMWCCA HPDE at Hallett over Labor Day weekend. In the tire department, I went with 245/35/19's and got the RE11's. I bought Apex wheels as part of the group buy last spring and wound up going with 19's . I debated about 18's vs 19's, but found conflicting information about fitment. Since it was a group buy, I wasn't going to risk buying 18's and not having them fit over my M Performance brake setup with a no return policy. The biggest down side that I discovered with having 19's vs 18's is the selection of tires. The RE11's were the only XL rated tire in the 245/35/19 size in the extreme performance category on Tire Rack. You can step down a performance category and find more selection, but that wasn't what I wanted.

I will be busy this weekend finishing up the installation of my parts collection. I've already installed the braided brake lines and swapped out for higher temp fluid. I need to install the camber plates and swap out the brake pads. Cannot wait for Saturday the 5th to try it all out. Should be a lot of fun!
Appreciate 0