01-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #10
vTuga
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330e G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20noob View Post
After weeks of looking around and hours of going down endless rabbit holes, I finally decided to install and test out the boost-controller (piggyback) from www.turbo-transformer.com . The installation was simple and I was looking for something that I could install and uninstall myself. I was also looking for something that would give me a considerable boost in low-end to mid-range torque and something that suits my driving style.

I had also considered a DINANTRONICS Sport and BMS JB4 and I also for a moment considered the ECU flash route, but decided to go with this because of the apps ability to log and track boost pressure.

I’ve had the TT on my car for about 3 weeks and I can feel the power gain all the way to redline, although the difference in the mid-range is very noticeable in every driving mode. It even makes Eco-pro somewhat usable in bumper to bumper and non-freeway driving. I was also able to test it out on Sport+ after some bimmercoding, but the torque was too overwhelming because of the super aggressive downshifts in Sport+.

To see how much of a difference this thing made, I slapped my G20 330i on a dyno; here are the results -

T-T setting at +3 psi: 290 hp, 360 lb-ft
Stock (baseline run): 252 hp, 278 lb-ft
Performance gains: +39 hp, +82 lb-ft

I considered upping it to +4 psi but decided against it after their customer support said that +3 psi is optimal for most driving conditions. Since my car is fairly new and in warranty, I didn’t want to push it beyond a certain safety margin.

I have more pictures and video, in the meantime here’s a dyno plot for now.
If any of you have questions about setup / performance, shoot me a reply or a dm.

Thanks,
G20noob
Nice results. However on the dyno chart it appears that the max power is 278hp. Am I reading it wrong?
Appreciate 2
KoenG1428.50