View Single Post
      10-25-2020, 07:29 PM   #2
possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by A172 View Post
Hey guys, as the topic says looking for these parts or at least some advice on this. Did a search but not seeing anything on forged parts.

I would like to do BM3 tune but reading too much horror stories with engines blowing with just stage 1 so rather just change the internals for peace of mind and of course have more headroom for power.

Are the pistons and rods the same for 330i and 320i B48? Seeing them available online to buy but just need to confirm which one would work in my engine.

Is it simply a matter of just changing out the pistons and rods or is it more complicated? First time doing this on a bmw, not sure if its more complicated to other cars.

Thank you all for any advice and feedback.
In all honesty saying this as sincerely as possible, save the money and buy a faster car. Forged Rods and pistons can help but it's really the quality of the tune/ fuel quality/ and luck. Engine building is difficult and when done wrong can make things a nightmare, a lot of shops say this and that but once the engine is out of the shop...well that's it. This is all imho, do what you like but do a lot of research before you do anything and maybe a cost ratio to see if the money would be better spent saving for a faster car.
Appreciate 0