Thread: Window Tint
View Single Post
      10-30-2023, 04:36 PM   #20
Cj1
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2, 2023 Lexus IS 500

I have used Lumar Formula One film on my past cars. Only certain dealers are allowed to install it. Most treat your car like it's worth a million. The cars I've had tinted have been new, but I've not dealt with any contamination/debris between the film and the glass as most dealers will tell you a certain percentage is allowed these days. I enjoy dealers who use plotters to cut film instead of free hand as the 'red dot olfa' razors can cut into and have cut into trim. Shops should use filters on their solution spray nozzles, and always drape your door panels, dash with clean and dry drop cloths/towels. I don't care if it's J&J baby shampoo mixed with water, I don't need my door panels, rear dash, speakers, switch gear, and quarters soaked with it (and if they catch some dust in the film they will blast it/flood it, to wash it out. The shop you pick should be spotless as this shows you their level of professionalism and keeps the dust to a minimum by controlling what they can in their environment. To me, the quality of the installer comes first. You find a quality installer, you'll find he uses quality film. Florida allows a glare strip on front window as well as a 70% film on front glass (can go as darker if you have a doctors note), 30% front windows (most use 28% film) and 15% rear (anything past front doors). I've seen this vary widely from state to state. In my opinion, I would never go darker than 15% all around with a 70% in front windshield, and I would not go lighter than a 30% unless you have vision issues. I think 20% is perfect if you can find a dealer that carries it.

Last edited by Cj1; 10-30-2023 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 1