View Single Post
      05-11-2020, 09:10 AM   #19
Razor2010
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M-Sport - M-LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
My mistake. If the gap is present even stock then that means it's a fitment issue, but in theory there shouldn't be a gap there even from factory, everything should be fitted 100% perfectly when you're making a $60,000 investment. That means no gap in the charge pipe, if there is a gap on all of our cars, it should be considered a defect.

I had a mechanic friend look at the gap and he tells me that it is obviously not normal that there is any gap in the fitting of any pipe in the engine. If there is it generally means there is symptoms of wear, and if that's the case only 15k miles into the lifespan of the vehicle, there's a big reliability problem here say when it reaches 100k. When the gap is 1mm and there is only 2-3mm of space between that gap and a leak, you could just be a couple of pounds away when you're full throttle and just the right temperature on a hot summer day for that pipe to crack or fail.

Ultimately, just want to say that chances of failure of a properly installed reputable aftermarket charge pipe has almost no chance of going limp on you as compared to the stock pipe which is a bit of a wildcard.
Brand new cars sitting at dealerships will have this same gap, this is by design from factory.
Appreciate 0