BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscr972 View Post
Looks good OP. Two Qs.
1. Anyone know if it's possible to order the alcantara piece above the glove box by itself?
2. BEM S-4, how difficult was the pedal install? Hearing about the need for drilling put me off.
It's not hard at all, just make sure you have the proper drill bits. I put the brake on, used it as a template and just drilled a tiny bit to get started then removed the cover and went to town. You are drilling pretty close to the edge of the metal part of the brake pedal so it's not hard but you need to be exact.

One thing they don't tell you, the back side of the brake pedal (the metal base that you drill into) is not flat, there's a lip and the lever or whatever it's called that it's attached to. When you tighten the bolts it's hard to get them super tight because the locking nuts will get tight to a point then you just spin them around. You can but it's difficult grip them with some needle nose pliers from behind. If you use a socket to hold the nut and then tighten with a screwdriver it's MUCH easier. One other thing after drilling there is a fair bit of sharp blowout stuff back there, clean it up with a low grit sanding pad. Do not rub your finger back there to see how bad it is like I did, you will then be cleaning blood off your new pedals.

The gas pedal is super easy you are drilling and screwing into plastic. One thing I would advise is that the directions call for 2.8mm bit, I got 3.0mm because it's all I could find. Go smaller 2.0mm if it's all you can get your hands on, you are just drilling into plastic and the screws will be a bit tighter. One of mine is a tiny bit loose but it doesn't matter the whole thing is held on with adhesive think the screws are superfluous at best.
Appreciate 0