curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
672 with an unlocked ECU/tune, down pipes, filters, and gas? Impressive.
Typical numbers for the S58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockothedog View Post
Nice! No desire to run E or Meth to get to 650-700whp.
I don't see why you wouldn't want to use E. It's so much more cost effective than buying race fuel. Which also is harder to get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Jeez. How much difference in gains is there with that race gas compared to 91/93 pump gas?

Edit: nevermind, it shows numbers for 93 in the video.
They made 535 on 93.
104 race fuel is 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Having come from the Mustang world I have an idea of what it costs to boost a Gen 3 Coyote to 675* WHP. What would the cost to do this be? 4K??
Depends but it's a pain because the ecu is locked hard so it's like $2k to get unlocked then another $1k for a tune and $1k for downpipe. So yeah around $5-7k with a custom tune and Ethanol hardware
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Love seeing modifications.

But I don’t know what they were smoking lol redefining terms is the name of the game.

Since when did Stage 2 become Stage 1… car has bolt-ons, aggressive tuning, race fuel, but “it’s stage 1”. They’ll quickly find out their “Stage 2” is just a refined tune with another 10hp… or maybe stage 2 is an LS swap or a big turbo.

Good stuff nonetheless, impressive what fuel can do when timing is advanced.
I think it's common around Euro cars that a downpipe makes it stage 2. Beyond that it's kind of whatever lol. Like stage 1 is any boltons besides downpipe and turbo with a tune. Some say stage 1+ is when you add ethanol. Stage 2 then is adding the downpipe and then 3 is hybrid or larger and some say 4 is full frame turbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
And that was only stage 1.
It's actually stage 2. They have a downpipe.

This is an S58. Been tried and true to make monster power with a tune and downpipe with E40.
500+ with pump gas and 6-700+ with e40.
Appreciate 1
M2siast5955.50