View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #13
thetruth
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
I don't believe we're there yet,

they (like most german MFs) sold the avg. joe their premium brands by sticking M on any thing and every thing starting around the e90 era, and ramping it up into the later years.

As someone who got picked by NA to buy the M4 GTS, I'd say they have a long way to go (you're right the m5, with B&W speakers now was a great start to get me back). I'm still greatly concerned about spending cash on a car that could very well be worth 50k in 2 years lol.

I think they're starting to go the right way weeding out these lease only/ lease special customers who get premium cars for pennies, and with canceling the MSD programs people use to sneak into these cars....

The wheel and color combo for me didn't help me want to get another m5 right away tho.
I agree with your well written post. After an E36 M3, and E39 M5, I gave up on BMW, and went to Porsche. BMW is trying to be all things to all people, and it is hard to turn off the “lease special” spigot. It is astonishing how much volume is driven by the lease specials.

Having said that, this M5 appeals to me, but I wish they would just do away with the utter nonsense of enhancing engine sounds.
Appreciate 0