View Single Post
      11-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
replicat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 40MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Well, there is lots of speculation and many rumors flaoting around, but little hard information on even the regular M3, let alone the CSL. The current speculation seems to be the car will be debuted at the Geneva show next March, so there might be official information a little before that. The CSL if there is one (and I feel it is likely) will undoubtedly come later.

Carbon fiber looking roofs have been seen is ome spy shots so it is very likely for the CSL, if not for the base model. Both SMG-III (or IV?) and a manual are likely for the M3; by the time the CSL comes out BMW may have a "DSG"-type transmission to take the place of SMG, IMO.
Wow, great point greg, I never even thought of that, that will be great.
Even though I think that most of the guys who by the CSL are diehard old school racing kind-of guys, so they may prefer a 6 speed manual instead.

PS. Greg, you living in the US as well, when do you think that the E92 M3 will make its debut here in the states? If its worldwide unveiling is in march, the closest after US show would be The NY auto show. Too soon after I think though. Maybe I will get lucky and it will be at the LA auto show. What are your thoughts?
Appreciate 0