View Single Post
      07-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
So how will i know if there's been an upgrade or something new that i can install on my car?
Dinan is a tuner up in Morgan Hill (near San Jose) that puts out some really nice stuff, and they also have the advantage of being covered fully under BMW Warranty. I have heard it will be a year or so before they come out with anything for the E90 (and this is good because it means they are spending some time developing things rather than just throwing crap out on the market). http://www.dinanbmw.com/

With the E46, they were not able to squeeze much more power out of the car, but who knows with the 325i E90? There could be some room for improvement with the 325i. Since you have an automatic, maybe they have an ECU program that will quicken the shifting (making it quicker but perhaps less smooth) and maybe allowing the car to rev slightly higher before shifting, which will help acceleration. With the E46, their ECU program was only able to raise the rev limited a few hundred RPM, which allowed slightly better acceleration.

There are other tuners out there, of course, but Dinan is my favorite.
Appreciate 0