United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
So you thought your Gxx was heavy... check out the new AMG C63s platform

Interesting video on the new AMG C63s platform:
Not sure what to make of this as it's just based
on the spec of the new range without any real driving feedback, but Jesus the weight penalty seems next level.
My initial thoughts on this new line of 2:0l AMG are pretty negative. As much as I appreciate the need for change and the move towards electric/hybrid type sports cars I can't get where this type of car fits in.
The C Class AMG IMO only had one thing going for it, the engine. Styling of course is subjective but the overall quality (especially the interior) always came across as budget. To me the Fxx M cars were always more aligned with the E class in terms of fit and finish, even though the tech dated very quickly in the later years compared to Merc.
But the handling/chassis on M cars compared to Merc or Audi has always been more important for me.
But this new generation of AMG just seems the same old platform that's being dragged into some kind of Frankenstein stop-gap of a car enabling Mercedes to run the factory's for a few more years without any major cost implications other than drivetrain tweaks.
One thing I do appreciate more however is how It makes me thankful BMW (although not perfect by any means) had the balls to develop the car I'm driving today. Actually I think the Gxx M cars were/are ahead of their time and all the negativity around the weight increase seems a small price to pay for owning a 3:0l twin turbo M car (with 4 real exhaust pipes)

G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 0