View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 09:48 AM   #3
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Reads like you need to find another dealer.

Hard to understand how one can damage a brake actuator, cause it to freeze/lock up. Did the brake system run low (or out of) fluid?

If you smell clutch that suggests the clutch was overheated at some point. If you didn't do that it happened getting the car towed or someone went joyriding.

(There is the slight possibility there is a hardware problem with the clutch that could cause it to slip/get hot/smell. But that would require a tech to diagnose/confirm this. Too often any suspected clutch problem is just blamed on the driver.)

If the clutch engages smoothly and doesn't slip and shifting is smooth while you can still (?) smell the clutch smell alone is not sufficient -- IMHO -- to justify replacing the clutch.

(I had my 2006 GTO hot rodded by a dealer tech and afterward, when I went to collect the car, the clutch stunk to high heaven. But the clutch was fine although I traded the car in some few years later with almost 50K miles and while the clutch was still fine when I traded the car in I don't know if the clutch life was affected.)
Appreciate 0