View Single Post
      05-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #15
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor View Post
the front calipers are the same size, not rear. sorry that's what i meant. I understand the part numbers are different for the front calipers since they use different size pads / rotors, but the actual size of the front calipers for m-sport and m-performance are identical. It's been discussed on the forum in high detail already. the rear one's are different since the m-perf are 2 piston.
When u say M-sport are u refering to option 2NH M-sport brakes? If u're talking abt 2NH then the whole setup (for models 328i & up) is identical to M-performance brakes save the appearance of the rotors & the caliper colours. The rear calipers are identical in design in this case (i.e. fixed 2-piston calipers). Option 2NH is not available in USA, only M-perf is available in USA.
If u're not referring to 2NH then the whole setup is just the standard setup, the only difference between M-sport & other lines in this case is the pad materials (EU-spec standard pads for M-sport models & low dust US-specific pads for other lines).
The individual parts between the standard setup & 2NH/M-perf are not interchangeable, so the standard calipers for a 335i is different to the calipers fitted to cars with 2NH (or M-perf).
Appreciate 0